PZ&W is fully familiar with the requirements of the Construction, Design and Management (CDM) 2015 regulations and is experienced in both the Designer and Principal Designer roles. We are also able to assist Principal Contractors to deliver their responsibilities under the regulations.
As Designer PZ&W will prepare designs that eliminate, reduce or control foreseeable risks that may arise during construction. We will also provide information to other members of the project team to help them fulfil their duties under CDM.
In the role of Principal Designer PZ&W will plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate health and safety in the pre-construction phase. This includes:
- Identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks
- Ensuring Designers carry out their duties
- Prepare and provide relevant information to other duty holders
- Provide relevant information to the Principal Contractor to help them plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate health and safety in the construction phase
- Check that the Construction Phase Plan addresses the identified issues sufficiently